Migraines ruin the day, even after they are gone! It makes me feel like crap (that is putting it nicely), and I lose tons of valuable time not to mention the emotional toll it can take. Unfortunately I have just finished a tough 7 days.
Luckily over the years I have developed some techniques to help me get going. I am sharing them with you today! Hopefully one or two will help you.
- Take an allergy pill – sometimes my migraines are caused by allergies and unfortunately my allergies are slightly unpredictable so taking my meds sometimes helps.
- Take two Excedrin migraine pills – If I catch it early enough these can work, too late and no luck!
- Coffee – sometimes it is just a caffeine influx that is needed.
- Drink Propel – while drinking my coffee I also load up on water choosing propel as it tends to go down faster than plain water. Sometimes it is a need for hydration. (I realize that number three does not help number four, but you never know what the cure for the migraine is going to be, thus I do them at the same time!)
- Eat a big meal – sometimes busting calorie requirements is needed as hunger is another one of my migraine triggers.
- Place a heat wrap on my neck to loosen the muscles and cold eye mask on my forehead. (Yes I look funny, but not as funny as I do in number nine.)
- Fountain soda Coke -I don’t know what it is about the fountain soda Coke, but it seems to work. I have tried Diet Coke and Pepsi – but no go, must be the Coke. (I have friends who also get migraines and this works for them too!)
- Yoga for Migraines video – lots of neck stretches and opening up the shoulder area! (I got this at Yoga Today)
- My head massager – this is something my father-in-law gave me for Christmas. At first I was skeptical, but now I am in love with it. I look silly when it is on and my husband makes fun of me, but it works!
- Last but far from least is my Imitrex. If nothing from above works or I have a busy day and need it to go away quickly I reach for my Imitrex! Has worked every time but one!